APPEARANCES IN PUBLICATIONS AND PRINTS
MEDIA APPEARANCES AND COVERAGE OF RESEARCH
Interviews as an Expert Scholar
- 2018-Money, power, & sexual misconduct: Sexual harassment on the job. Essence Magazine, May 2018, 77-80. https://www.essence.com/magazine/sexual-harassment-job-what-you-can-do-now/
- 2018-We need to include Black women’s experience in the movement against campus sexual assault with Candice King. Black on Campus, June 15, 2018. The Nation, Anna Julia Cooper Center, Wake Forest University. https://www.thenation.com/article/need-include-black-womens-experience-movement-campus-sexual-assault/
- 2017-How workplace sexual assault affects mindset. The Morning Show on Wisconsin Public Radio (11/13/17). Sixty minute interview with Kate Archer Kent. https://www.wpr.org/listen/1188371
- 2017-Charlotte Talks: Turning point for workplace harassment? National Public Radio (NPR) Affiliate 90.7 WFAE-FM (11/9/17)http://wfae.org/post/charlotte-talks-turning-point-workplace-harassment
- 2017-Microaggressions and the college experience. The State News, Reporter Honda Carter (forthcoming).
- 2017, October-Networking with ease: Learning how to connect with others will give academic job seekers an edge—and serve you throughout your career(Featured Article). APA Monitor on Psychology, 48(9), 70. http://www.apa.org/monitor/2017/10/academic-networking.aspx
- 2017-Black women on being called “Girl” in the workplace. National Public Radio (NPR) Reporter Nadege Green (5/15/17) http://wlrn.org/post/black-women-being-called-girl-workplace
- 2017, January-Did you really just say that? Here’s advice on how to confront microaggressions whether you’re a target, bystander, or perpetrator. (Featured Article). APA Monitor on Psychology, 48(1), 46. http://www.apa.org/monitor/2017/01/microaggressions.aspx
- 2016-How bias training works in one campus police department. The Chronicle of Higher Education, Reporter Rio Fernandez (5/16/16).https://www.chronicle.com/article/How-Bias-Training-Works-in-One/236482
- 2016-At MSU, training police on microaggressions and bias. Lansing State Journal, Education Reporter R.J. Wilcott (printed 2/12/16).https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/campus /2016 /02/10/msu-training-police-microaggressions-and-bias/80051378/
- 2016-MSUPD Introduces Anti-Bias & Inclusion Unit. EastLansingInfo.org (ELi) with Coleen Moyerbrailean (3/7/16).https://eastlansinginfo.org/content/msupd-introduces-anti-bias-inclusion-unit
- 2015-Excessive supplement use: A new eating disorder with men? CBS News with Bianca Seidman. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/excessive-fitness-supplement-eating-disorder-for-men/
- 2015-Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Nyla Hughes, Michigan State University, Journalism Department.
- 2014-Sexual Harassment and Online Gaming. Laura Rosenfeld at Columbia University.
- 2014-Gender: Does it still matter in the workplace and the classroom? MSU’s 89FM’s, Exposure with Abbie Newton.
- 2013-Exploring Gender Differences in Body Image, Eating Pathology, and Sexual Harassment. WILS News Radio interview with Mike Cohen.
- 2013-Featured interview. Capital Area Women’s Lifestyle Magazine with Katie Kaczanowski.
- 2013- Weighing in on the “War on Women.” Newsletter of the Society of Behavioral Medicine. (Harrell & Huddleston, 2013).http://www.sbm.org/outlook/0612/articles.php?article=11&utm_source=SBM%2BOutlook&utm_medium=html%2Bemail&utm_term=spring%2Fsummer%2B2012&utm_campaign=SBM%2BOutlook%2BSpring%2FSummer%2B2012
- 2012-Is sexual harassment different from the perspective of Black women? Thegrio.com. (Tunuoye, 2012). http://thegrio.com/2012/06/22/is-sexual-harassment-different-from-the-perspective-of-a-black-women/
Selected Research Highlights, Coverage, and Summaries
- 2019-Friends and Community-Owosso https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214602720917141&id=1095561817
- 2017-National coverage of my work on implicit bias. “Did you really just say that?” Here’s advice on how to confront microaggressions whether you’re a target, bystander, or perpetrator. (Featured Article). (2017). APA Monitor on Psychology, 48(1), 46. http://www.apa.org/monitor/2017/01/microaggressions.aspx
- 2014-National coverage of “Sex differences in outcomes and harasser characteristics associated with frightening sexual harassment appraisals.” (released online 3/17/14) including: American Psychological Association highlighted article (APA.org), Press-News.org, MSU Today.
- 2013-International coverage of “Exploring Gender Differences in Body Image, Eating Pathology, and Sexual Harassment.” in over 150 separate media outlets including: Popular Science, Medical News Today, Science World Report, Futurity, Huffington Post, MSN News, National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women, Futurity, MSU Today.
- 2013-The link between sexual harassment and ‘purging’ in men. Michigan State University’s MSU Today. (Henion, 2013).http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2013/the-link-between-sexual-harassment-and-purging-in-men/
- 2011-International coverage of “Fearful or bothered: Two types of sexual harassment appraisals” in over 120 separate media outlets including: Psychology Today, Medical News Today, ScienceDaily, First Science.co, Jezebel, MSU Today, Yahoo News, Aphroditewomenshealth.com, NWOTruth.com, News Track India, The Employee Rights Center, SouthAsianNews.com, Psychologicalmd.com
- 2006-Breaking the cycle of Bullying. Michigan Agricultural Experiment Stations’ publication, Futures (DePaul, 2006)
- 2006-Gendered Bullying. Michigan State University’s MSU Today
- 2006-Michigan State University’s Women’s Resource Center’s publication, Wisdom, Words & Women
- 2005-Career Forum: Research Professor. Lansing School District’s Access Channel.
- 2016-Psychology’s Feminist Voices Oral History Project. Featured interview on my research and experiences in academia as a feminist scholar.
- 2015-Dream Big: Brown Girls developing courage, confidence and character produced by MSU’s Chapter of Pretty Brown Girls.
- 2014-Faculty and Staff e-learning on sexual harassment, sexual assault and relationship violence, Michigan State University.
- 2014- Bullying: Psychological and Social Consequences, a documentary on current research and policies to prevent bullying in public schools and assist child, teen, and adult victims.
- 2013-Black Women and Depression, a documentary on current research and individual women’s experiences of depression.
- 2012-Urban Blight, a documentary on urban living conditions and the psychology of race and poverty.
Misc. Video Appearances
- 2018-WokeSTEM Presents: “We Out Here: An Afro-Futuristic Concept. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYgKtFY7bs&t=5s